Change Your Language. It not I.
Keep your mind clear and TIDY by knowing your mess maker- DJ JUDGE/the mind
THIS WEEKS FOCUS- SEPARATING FROM DJ JUDGE
Each day we are:
- Noticing feelings inside our bodies and writing them down in our BOXES OF FEELINGS journal.
- Watching our language. Not I think or I feel, but DJ/my mind thinks, DJ/my mind feels. Put a reminder up someplace or wear a special bracelet. Be creative.
Listen to Part 2 of HOW TO USE THE TIDY MIND
Make room for JOY by TIDYING UP and cleaning out the emotional clutter.
Continue to notice feelings as they surface. Imagine as these feelings flow through that the closet door in your TIDY MIND HOUSE has just opened and this feeling is blowing through your body. DJ Judge will probably either:
- want to label the feeling, make sense of it, find the cause or reason (it has a very strong need to know to feel safe)
- become afraid of the feeling (flight- panic, overreact, want to run away)
- fight or deny the feeling (fight- want to resist, blame, attack, or deny)
When you notice the feelings today, and write the name of the feeling or description of the feeling in your BOXES OF FEELINGS journal, the next step is out beside this name or description, write DJ/the mind's reaction to the feeling. What did it immediately try to do?
Example: Excess energy running through the body- DJ wanted to label it and make sense of it- say what caused it and why it was there...
Tomorrow we will work on what we will do with the feeling to allow the air blowing out of one of the boxes in our closets to exit our bodies.
Appreciate your TIDYING WORK by noticing the moments of relief, contentment, and enjoyment.
We have not yet release any boxes, so it may be too soon to notice moments of relief or contentments.
Today take 10 minutes and listen to the following meditation.